Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tears and Fears

I am currently listening to the democratic convention in the background as I study for my algebra final. (Although it is slightly behind since I paused it earlier - gotta love the DVR - and Bill Clinton is about to speak.) The enthusiasm of the historic moment was seeping into my thoughts as I figured quadratic equations, reviewed the remainder theorem and synthetic division.

Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by a voice speaking of how great a threat Iran is and that Barack Obama is "Dangerously Unprepared!" Unprepared for what? ..World War III? Why do they think conflict with Iran is better than discussion with Iran? Why is diplomacy being called weakness?

I must admit that my emotions are a bit frayed due to lack of sleep, but I burst into tears before the McCain ad was even finished. Is our country so full of fear and... shall I say "synthetic division" that we would vote for the candidate who is advertising conflict over peace? Say it isn't so....

I'm going to set up a poll in the side bar...will you tell me what you think?


----------Update-----------
Bill summed the diplomacy issue up perfectly:
"People, the world over, have always been more impressed by the power of our example, than by the example of our power!"

-Bill Clinton at the Democratic Convention 8/27/08

2 comments:

Dade Cariaga said...

I share in your fears, HeatherAnn. And you're right about Clinton's line. That was perfect.

Heather Ann said...

Lately it feels like the reporters are trying to explain why Obama might probably loose. It feels like a set up...but I hope I'm wrong! I'm looking forward to Obama's speech tonight, although I've already heard that he is "presumptuous" to set such a grand stage....whatever.