Sunday, June 29, 2008

Are you smarter than a three year old?

Do you know what this is?

We sure couldn't figure it out. It was found on the floor of the car when we were cleaning it out, and we didn't know if it was trash or if it was an important componant that we should be holding onto. So at breakfast my hubby, my eleven year old and I were turning it over in our hands discussing the dilema.

"Ya, it looks like it might go to some sort of computerized thing..."

"Ya, that sounds about right."

"Any idea what?"

"No, you?"

"Nope."


A hush fell over us as we pondered the possible connection it could have to the car...the kids games... a radio...

My three year old, concerned by the silence wandered over and saw it in my hands as I turned it slowly, contemplating its correct use.



"What is that?" he asked seriously.

"I don't know," I replied. "It's a mystery, we're trying to figure it out."

"It's for the umbrella," he replied without hesitation.

"Oooooh, that's right," now it made sense! "It's from the umbrella I got him at the dollar store that got stepped on in the back seat!"


We all cracked up! We'd been totally bested by a three year old! I don't think we stopped laughing for 10 minutes at least.

So did you figure it out? Are you smarter than a three year old?

No comments: